Thursday, May 08, 2008

Me on our Local News

Today I went on an adventure. I wanted to go to the corner where all the news crew were located, so I could snap the camera a few times so I could scrap this moment in my towns History. So my neighbor and I ventured out, snapped our cameras and then we noticed a man headed our way. He asked if we didn't mind being interviewed and I said sure, lets do it. :) He told us who he was, which I knew that already...LOL Duh, who doesn't know their local news people ya know? LOL I told him I had emailed his news channel earlier this morning and he said, "You are just the lady I've been looking for!!". Wow, geeeee, me??!??! How cool! He asks a few questions and then his camera man came. Oh good God! I couldn't done without the camera...LOL But ok, I'm game. We do the interview, which was much more than what they actually put on the air. He says thank you, blah blah blah, and then we brush off all the ants that got all over my feet and legs during the interview...LOL That was rather funny. He goes on his marry way and then the camera man asks to get some footage of me and Saira looking towards the Sink Hole. She thought that was soooooooooooooooo cool!! You'll see her with me at the very first when they say my name and all that jazz. So then he goes on his marry way as well. Then ANOTHER man comes over. He was a reporter with the Associated Press. He asked if he could ask me a few questions. Did that, then we sat and watched for a few minutes to get a couple of more snap shots. Anyways, here are the links to view. :) Please don't laugh tooooo hard at my retarded self. I was soooo embarrassed later on after I left the scene. LOL

Here's the video... http://www.click2houston.com/video/16204585/index.html?taf=ibs

And here are links for the articles from AP...
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6128062 and http://www.star-telegram.com/448/story/632285.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I've never seen anything like that!! TAke care!!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

You looked great on camera! So did Saira. It was so cool watching. My husband and the boys were up here last night when I pulled it up...I was clapping my hands, squeeling "That's my friend Jayme!!". lol
Too cool. Now I really hope that crazy sink hole QUITS GROWING!

Kari