Saturday, December 08, 2007

{Mine} is Layout Of The Day...

...at Scrapperie.com.
Isn't that just too cool? Thank you Colleen for picking my layout today, from all those other terrific works of art.

Yesterday I went for an eye checkup so I could get new glasses. Everything is well, still have wonderfully healthy eyes, just blind as a poor ol' bat. LOL And these are the glasses I picked out. I can't wait for them to come in....so I can see better. Wonder if I'd scrap better? LOL ROTF!!!! ;)

And last but not least today I received this gorgeous card in the mail from my dear sweet blogger friend. :) Kari, you did a wonderful job, I love that little felt tree!!!!! I love it and thank you so much for sending it to my family and I.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

woooohooo!!! Go Jayme with the LOTD!! YAY!! I really liked it!

I love your new glasses~~mine are very similar to that

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

You're very welcome for the card and I LOVE that layout. It's very well done and the thought behind it is awesome.

I'm hoping to get back into scrapbooking more in the new year. I was so into it last year, but then I made this big, huge book for someone (who shall remain nameless). I mean I worked for MONTHS on this book, getting updated pictures from people all over the place, finding just the right embellishments, researching facts, dates, etc. so that it would be accurate...and she opened it up, looked at all the pages and said "you can add pages, can't you, because you left out some people and I'd really like them to be included". I was crushed. (And the people I left out were people that she hadn't spoken a word to in over 20 years!!!). Nothing was said about the details, the love that went into it...nothing. I've probably only done about a half dozen pages since then - and this happened LAST YEAR! I wish I knew why it affected me so badly, because I know I shouldn't have let it. But maybe I'm over it now (sheesh, you'd THINK a year would be long enough, right? ha) and I can go back to having fun with my scrapping. You keep posting such cool pages and I'm sure I'll get my inspiration back soon! By the way, I loved that page you did recently about "it ain't easy being cheesy". That was great!

Merry Christmas!
Kari

Anonymous said...

What an amazing scrapbook page!! WOW! And the card is cute! ;) TFS!