Tuesday, March 01, 2005

D-O-G

Ryan was getting ready for school this morning and he's sitting at the door putting his shoes and jacket on. I hear, "D----O----G! That spells DOG!". I slowly turned and looked at him with a big huge grin and said, "YAAAAY Ryan, you spelled dog! Way to go!" Then he says, "C----A----T!" That spells CAT!" I said, "OH MY GOSH, you spelled cat, you are soooo smart!". I then asked him, "Hey, one plus two equals???" and he said, "THREEEEEEE!" These are the things they are working at in Pre-K. I'm just mind baffled over it. I can't believe my little baby boy is learning all these things. Before he walked out the door I told him, "Dang, I won't be able to spell in front of you anymore." LOL Well, yesterday I picked him up from school and I visited with his teacher. She showed me what they worked on yesterday. She wrote a sentence on the board and they wrote it too and drew a picture with it. The sentence was, "I saw a dog." Was it last week or the week before, when it was Washington and Lincoln's bday along with Presidents day? Anyways, during those weeks they worked on President facts. They kids learned that Washington was the only president that didn't live in the White House. Why, because it was being built at the time. Also, they learned what room the President has meetings in, which is the Oval Office. He knows there are 50 stars on the flag because there are 50 states. Oh man, there are so many facts he knows now. He told me there is 2 presidents that are daddy and son. Which would be the Bush presidents. But there are many many more clever things he knows. I was so surprised when him and the teacher were showing off their new knowledge

1 comment:

Jayme Downs said...

hilary said...
"He told me there is 2 presidents that are daddy and son. Which would be the Bush presidents."

don't forget about the Adams presidents. :)

sounds like Ryan is doing great! boy oh boy he sounds ready for kindergarten!

Tue Mar 01, 03:19:00 PM CST

----------

Mama said...
Meme is so proud... she's smiling big. It's pretty awesome when your first little one starts spelling, reading and writing. Now you know how i felt. It doesn't change when the next one does it either. You just experienced one of those "i'll remember this forever" moments. I'm glad i'm a mama. :)

Tue Mar 01, 05:44:00 PM CST

-------------

Grandma said...
Yesss! Way to go,Ryan! I definitely foresee a Spelling Bee Champion in the future here. When you win the trip to Washington, D.C. I want to go with you. Spelling is a wonderful hobby and the older you get you'll find that a lot of adults can't spell, so if you keep learning new words every day you'll be able to do something not everyone can do.
Hugs for your good work and being so smart already.
Love, Grandma

Tue Mar 01, 09:41:00 PM CST