Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The BookFair

Ryan's school is having the book fair at his school all week. So I volunteered my afternoons for Tuesday and Thursday. Today was so much fun. This one little girl came in and started gathered a pile of books and I finally leaned over and asked her how much money she had. "Five dollars", she says. One book usually costs about $3.99, so I knew she would only be able to get one book. So I kindly said, "I believe you'll only be able to get one book this time." And she was ok with that and said, "Ok, I'll get this book here then." She had about 6 or 7 books piled up. I thought it was the cutest thing. LOL I had Saira with me and she was extremely good. I was so proud of her. She kept the other couple of volunteers entertained when there were no children in the Library. I told Ryan's teacher that he could come to the Library whenever he wanted and I'd buy him some books. 5 books later...LOL...He got 3 and Saira got 2. And tonight we read them all.

On another note, I've decided I'll restore my computer tonight. Wish me luck...lol :)

No comments: