Monday, February 09, 2009

A disaster and some lazy time

Last weekend, Jan. 30th, 31st and Feb. 1st I was in Galveston on a Scrapbooking retreat. Ohhhh, it was heaven. I think I enjoyed myself more this time than last time in August. It gave me the first opprutunity to go to Galveston to see how it looked since the Hurricane. I was so suprised. It didn't look near as bad as I expected. Infact, the Sea Wall was up and running. People were all gathered on the beaches (even though it was COOOOOLD!) It was even prettier than it ever has been in many many years. I was impressed. Galveston has done a supurb job at restoring itself. Two cheers to them!!

Anyways, I had a terrific time with all my scrappy buddies. Had some very good food, the house was neat, the bedding was way to comfy and the massage was what I needed. All the subbing last month had me all worn out. I was desperate for a massage!! I was able to get 14 pages done, and I finally took photos of the layouts so I can share with you. I'll do that later on after this post.

So lets move on....

Monday and Tuesday I worked. Wednesday I was suppose to go in at 10:30. But instead, my water heater decided I didn't need to do that. I had taken the kids to school that morning. And when I got back, I sat down to watch tv, because I haven't done that in months. I had LOTS to catch up on. Around 9:15ish I guess, I heard this banging cracking type of a sound. And it came from my laundry room. And then I heard water. I thought that was rather weird since no water was running anywhere in the house. So I get up and I really hear the water running..... from the water heater. OMG!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! Panic mode kicked in. LOL I rushed and grabbed a screwdriver to take off the wall panel where the water heater And YEP, WATER was EVERYWHERE already. It was starting to leak out into the hall and my sons room.....but not the laundry room. It was leaking out at the walls. So I got my dad on the phone cause there was no shutoff valve. The stupid retards that put it in didn't put a shut off valve. Thanks mister!! I talked with him for a minute and decided to call the city to shut off the water, cause I couldn't get the knob to turn at the main shut off on the house. So they came ASAP, Thank you city of Daisetta. They FINALLLLLLY did something quick and prompt for the first time that I've lived here and I've lived here for almost 12 years. They responded to my phone call within like 1 or 2 minutes. I was shocked. In the mean time Chad's on his way home from work. When he got here, we went to Lowes and bought a new water heater and a shopvac. I spent the day sucking up water and draining the water heater. Thank goodness it wasn't too bad in the hall and Ryan's room. We finally got the water heater put in around 7pm. And boy howdy, it gets HOT! I'm thinking Chad is going to have to lower the

So Thursday I was called in to sub, but I still needed to work on the carpets some more. I did it a couple of times and did the lazy thing for the day. WOW, that was great. I needed it so bad. Did the same thing on Friday. :)

Saturday was Ryan's Advanced Green belt test for TaeKwonDo! He did awesome!! Thursday is the award ceremony this week.

No work today, but I work Wednesday and Friday. I wasn't thinking when the Secretary called earlier, but Friday is the kids Valentine's day parties. But I think I'll be able to pull off going to their rooms to help with the parties. I'm sure the teachers aid for that class will help me out for sure. ....she loves me! ;)

So that's that.

Pics coming in a few....


Pat said...

Hi Jayme!!! Glad to "see" you. And I'm happy you had a good time at your retreat.

Ginger said...

Fellow GD from Scrapperie here! Oh my gracious - what a diaster! So glad you got help quick though!

Suz said...

Another Scrapperie GD popping in to say hi