Monday, January 21, 2008

Saira's Birthday Party

Yesterday was the party and it was so much fun. She got so many clothes. I never can get over with her girly girlness. When I was little, I hated getting clothes. I wanted my Barbie's, Strawberry Shortcake dolls, roller skates (4 wheels PLEASE!!!) and bikes. Last week I asked her what she wanted for her birthday so I could tell whoever might ask. And all she said was shirts, pants, dresses and capri's...LOL I had to ask her if she wanted toys. And all she really said was Hannah Montana stuff.

She's starting to do new hair styles on herself. She'll gather up her hair nice and neatly up at the top/middle and front(not sure if you can really picture that...lol) and put a little claw clip to hold it in place. I was never able to do my hair as a kid. LOL Heck, I can hardly deal with her stringy straight as a board hair. It goes one direction and that's it. She must have more patience than I do with it.

I can totally tell she's turning 5. She's acting more and more like a big kid. She's grown 3 inches since her birthday last year. She's in a size 13 1/2 shoe. Size 6 in pants and shirts. She's 3' 9 1/4" tall. And her favorite thing right now is Hannah Montana or any of the 'big kid' shows as I call them. LOL She LOOOOVES her lipgloss. I think she's pretty much addicted. LOL She loves to draw, color and do pretty much anything crafty. She comes by it honestly. It pretty much runs in our blood. Both my grandmothers do/did all kinds of crafty things....that's where I got it from, and that's where Saira gets it from. ;) You'll never see her without her purse and a baby.

These are just a few of the MANY MANY things that make up my little baby girl. She's so full of silliness and personality. And everytime I see that smile of hers it always reminds me of when she was just 5, 6, 7 and 8 months old when ALL she did was SMILE allllllll the time. Major cuteness!! Her nickname was Smilie. With all that smiling as a baby, it turned her into this ham of a young lady.

What's funny, is everything about her now, is everything who I was at that age as well. It's really hard to believe she's 5 years old.

1 comment:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

You're making me miss my granddaughter so much right now!! She's a real girly-girl, too. Except she's also her father's child. That means she knows anything and everything about comic books and comic book characters. Poor kid. She spent 2 weeks running around trying to get bit by a spider after she saw the Spiderman movie for the first time. I've told my son she's going to need intensive therapy one of these days. lol

My kid's nicknames were "Nick-nick" for Nicholas (we were so original, huh?), "Munch" for Desiree' (she was short...like a Munchkin), "Baby Worm" for Kaleb (gosh that was the cutest kid, with his round cheeks! He looked like one of those Glowworm toys.) and "Snuggle Bunny" for Jacob. Yeah, he REALLY hates hearing that now that he's 16. But he was a darn cute kid and he loved to snuggle in the mornings. Ahhhhh. You've brought back some wonderful memories for me by telling me your wonderful memories of your baby girl. Thanks for that.

:)
Kari